As a victim of a car accident in California, you may have several recovery options available to you. However, if you are dealing with an auto insurance company on your own, it may appear that this is not the case. Insurance companies are good at taking advantage of their customers and getting them to settle for the lowest possible compensation. The best way to fight back is to hire an attorney.
Moreno Valley auto accident attorneys at Hanson & Mouri are committed to helping victims and bereaved families navigate the insurance claims process. We know how to force aggressive defendants to offer fair rewards. Discuss your car accident in detail with an attorney today.
Choose the aggressive lawyers from Hanson & Mouri
Our Moreno Valley auto accident attorneys have been committed to helping injured clients achieve justice since 1999. We are a dedicated team of lawyers providing quality legal representation.
Our attorneys promise to handle your case personally and not refer it to a paralegal or partner. We look after every customer we take on individually.
Our Moreno Valley car accident attorneys do not charge for legal services unless they win their cases.
When Should You Hire a Lawyer After a Car Accident?
As a victim, it is not always easy to find your way through the compensation process in a car accident. Insurance companies do not want to optimize beneficiary payouts. This can lead to problems such as bad faith insurance, unfavorable comparison offers and wrongly rejected claims. If you or someone you love was injured in a car accident in the Moreno Valley, you can protect yourself from an insurance adjuster by hiring a Jurupa car accident attorney. Working with an attorney can be especially important if your injuries are serious or catastrophic. A Moreno Valley car accident attorney can compel an insurance company to offer a reasonable amount of compensation.
Common causes of car accidents in the Moreno Valley
Most car accidents in the Moreno Valley are preventable. They arise because someone is negligent, careless, or reckless. This is especially true in busy cities and highways like State Route 60. At Hanson & Mouri, we are committed to holding irresponsible drivers and other parties accountable for their actions. We represent clients and families throughout California who have been injured by the negligence or wrongdoing of others.
- Distracted driving
- heavy traffic
- Driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol
- Drowsy driving
- speeding or racing
- Reckless driving
- red light operation
- Unsafe lane change
- Do not give in
- Failing to maintain a safe vehicle
No matter what caused your Moreno Valley car accident, our lawyers can use proven and aggressive legal tactics to help you recover proper compensation from the culprit. We can accurately assess your damage, collect evidence of your losses and take action on your behalf against any driver or defendant.
What to do after a car accident in the Moreno Valley?
Whether you’ve been in a car accident before or not, it can help to know what to do from a legal perspective. There are certain actions you can take that will ultimately help you recover your California auto accident compensation claim. When in doubt, contact a Hanson & Mouri lawyer for immediate assistance with your case. We’ll walk you through the steps you need to take to get the best damage results.
- Do not flee the scene of the accident.
- Don’t admit guilt to the other driver.
- Call the police immediately.
- Check to see if anyone is injured, including yourself.
- Exchange contact information with the other driver.
- Take photos of the crash site.
- Go to the hospital.
- Submit an insurance claim.
- Gather records of your accident and injuries.
- Hire a Moreno Valley car accident attorney.
Before you go too far in the insurance process, call our local law firm for a free consultation. We will work closely with you to help you understand your rights. We can investigate your car accident, collect evidence and work with insurance adjusters for you. We understand how the California insurance system works and how we use it to achieve the best results for our clients.
The evidence you need in a Moreno Valley car accident
To hold a negligent party responsible for a car accident, an attorney will help you gather important evidence to support your claim. This usually involves conducting an independent investigation to document the scene and surroundings of the accident in order to determine liability. You can also get:
- The clothes you wore then.
- A copy of the police report.
- Available traffic camera or surveillance recordings.
- Copies of accident-related medical records and invoices.
- Payslips and tax returns to determine your lost income.
- Repair receipts for your vehicle or an appraisal if it is a total loss.
- A copy of your insurance policy and that of the polluter.
- Submission of Cell Phone Recordings.
- Collect black box data. Depending on the type of vehicle, it may be equipped with a black box that can provide valuable information such as speed, braking and steering of the vehicle at the time of the accident.
A car accident attorney will work quickly to secure this type of evidence before it is lost or destroyed. They will also advise you on what to tell the culprit’s insurer and what not to tell. Insurance adjusters often look for discrepancies in your history to minimize their liability. A lawyer can help you avoid making an unintentional mistake that could reduce your compensation.
Also read: How to Choose the Right Personal Injury Attorney in Phoenix
Common injuries associated with car accidents
Car accidents can cause a variety of minor to serious injuries, such as:
soft tissue injuries
Soft tissue injuries are among the most common injuries in car accidents. The sudden jolt from impact can cause your body to move and bend in ways it wasn’t designed to. In this case, strains or sprains such as whiplash can occur.
Bones can fracture from being subjected to force or from moving in an unnatural direction. Broken bones can be painful and in many cases the injury may not heal completely. It is not uncommon for a victim to experience pain months or years later. Injuries that involve crushing the bones may require extensive reconstructive surgery or amputation.
How much is my car accident damage worth?
Since every car accident is unique, there is no exact answer. However, an experienced attorney can evaluate your claim and assess its value. You will consider the following factors:
- The severity of your injuries and the length of your recovery.
- Your age and whether you will develop permanent disabilities.
- How your pain and suffering affects and will affect all aspects of your life.
- How much income you lost as a result of being unable to work.
- How much money will you lose in the future because of your injury?
- The strength of the evidence against the guilty party.
- The offender’s degree of negligence, such as driving while intoxicated.
The limits of the debtor’s insurance policy can also play an important role in the amount of compensation you can recover. If your damage exceeds the limits, the insurance company does not have to cover the difference. If this is the case, your lawyer can help you explore other options for further compensation.
Leave a Reply